How to put transparent windows effect in Cinnamon ?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Darksun1

How to put transparent windows effect in Cinnamon ?

Post by Darksun1 »

If compiz is not compatible with the cinnamon , anyone know any way to put the transparent effect in all the programs (like nemo for example) ? Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bimsebasse

Re: How to put transparent windows effect in Cinnamon ?

Post by bimsebasse »

Not possible, sorry.
Darksun1

Post by Darksun1 »

no way ? :(
as they say that everything is possible in linux....
bjd-pfq

Post by bjd-pfq »

bimsebasse wrote:Not possible, sorry.
Reading that my first thought is "regression".
Now you're gonna tell me why that ain't so.
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

No, I sometimes miss emerald, compiz and all that stuff as well. Transparency will probably come to Mutter/Muffin (the gnome-shell/cinnamon window managers) at some point, just isn't here yet. There is an outdated gnome-shell extension (https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/134/opacify/) that goes some way to achive this - it's possible, just hasn't been done.
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Curious as using Zukitwo for task bar theme and it's transparent some. Or is that just a hack of some sort?

Sorry not familiar with how it all works together yet. As notice there is the main Cinnamon Theme select which is for only the task bar that I can see. Then one for window titles and another for Gtk+.

Which seems kind of a incoherent way to make sense of theme integration. And seems there is no unified theme system yet?
Was curious if that is the normal way? Of having no unification under system wide themes?

Again just trying to understand how and why things work the way they do.
Darksun1

Post by Darksun1 »

The themes are not integrated ,
there a theme for windows, other for cinnamon , other for colors , other for icons, other for cursor...., everything is separate.
The theme of windows need to work with new gnome shell, independent of others
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Darksun1 wrote:The themes are not integrated ,
there a theme for windows, other for cinnamon , other for colors , other for icons, other for cursor...., everything is separate.
The theme of windows need to work with new gnome shell, independent of others
Yep was my take on it. Just wondering if they will ever integrate that into a more cohesive unit? As it stands now confusing to the new to linux crowd. And I would think more difficult for developer of themes to get a handle on so many different specifications and implementations to create a desktop wide theme that brings it all together in a ascetically pleasing desktop.

Return to “Cinnamon”