Trying to compile sdlmame 0.123

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Trying to compile sdlmame 0.123

Postby HisDudeness on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:12 am

Hi everyone! I'm trying to get MAME on my system. However, the latest versions have known compatibility issues with the great majority of roms, so I decided to get version 0.123 as it is the best choice considering the archives which can be found in the internet. I'm trying to compile from the package sdlmame_0.123.orig.tar.gz which can be found here. It already has the makefile and no configure. Going through make I get the following error three times, always in the same piece:

error: cast to pointer from integer of different size [-Werror=int-to-pointer-cast]

Here's the non working part, can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Code: Select all
#ifndef compare_exchange_ptr
INLINE void *compare_exchange_ptr(void * volatile *ptr, void *compare, void *exchange)
{
#ifdef PTR64
   INT64 result;
   result = compare_exchange64((INT64 volatile *)ptr, (INT64)compare, (INT64)exchange);
#else
   INT32 result;
   result = compare_exchange32((INT32 volatile *)ptr, (INT32)compare, (INT32)exchange);
#endif
   return (void *)result;
}
#endif

Here I bolded the exact character places it reports in red

#ifndef compare_exchange_ptr
INLINE void *compare_exchange_ptr(void * volatile *ptr, void *compare, void *exchange)
{
#ifdef PTR64
INT64 result;
result = compare_exchange64((INT64 volatile *)ptr, (INT64)compare, (INT64)exchange);
#else
INT32 result;
result = compare_exchange32((INT32 volatile *)ptr, (INT32)compare, (INT32)exchange);
#endif
return (void *)result;
}
#endif
The Dude minds.
HisDudeness
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Software & Applications