Trying to compile sdlmame 0.123

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Trying to compile sdlmame 0.123

Postby HisDudeness on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:12 am

Hi everyone! I'm trying to get MAME on my system. However, the latest versions have known compatibility issues with the great majority of roms, so I decided to get version 0.123 as it is the best choice considering the archives which can be found in the internet. I'm trying to compile from the package sdlmame_0.123.orig.tar.gz which can be found here. It already has the makefile and no configure. Going through make I get the following error three times, always in the same piece:

error: cast to pointer from integer of different size [-Werror=int-to-pointer-cast]

Here's the non working part, can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Code: Select all
#ifndef compare_exchange_ptr
INLINE void *compare_exchange_ptr(void * volatile *ptr, void *compare, void *exchange)
{
#ifdef PTR64
   INT64 result;
   result = compare_exchange64((INT64 volatile *)ptr, (INT64)compare, (INT64)exchange);
#else
   INT32 result;
   result = compare_exchange32((INT32 volatile *)ptr, (INT32)compare, (INT32)exchange);
#endif
   return (void *)result;
}
#endif

Here I bolded the exact character places it reports in red

#ifndef compare_exchange_ptr
INLINE void *compare_exchange_ptr(void * volatile *ptr, void *compare, void *exchange)
{
#ifdef PTR64
INT64 result;
result = compare_exchange64((INT64 volatile *)ptr, (INT64)compare, (INT64)exchange);
#else
INT32 result;
result = compare_exchange32((INT32 volatile *)ptr, (INT32)compare, (INT32)exchange);
#endif
return (void *)result;
}
#endif
The Dude minds.
HisDudeness
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Software & Applications