nadia - wallpaper

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please

nadia - wallpaper

Postby rusty_jones on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:30 pm

Where is the wallpaper stored in nadia? Trying to load additional wallpaper and can't find folder.
rusty_jones
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: nadia - wallpaper

Postby Orbmiser on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:54 am

bacground pics in /usr/share/backgrounds/linuxmint-nadia extra
Orbmiser
Level 7
Level 7

Postby rusty_jones on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:04 am

thanks
rusty_jones
Level 1
Level 1

Postby remoulder on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:59 pm

Orbmiser wrote:bacground pics in /usr/share/backgrounds/linuxmint-nadia extra

Actually that is a system package not a location to put your own backgrounds. @rusty_jones, you can put your own background images where ever you like in your home and in the Backgrounds applet just click the + top right to navigate to them. Try putting them in a Wallpapers folder inside Pictures or in a .backgrounds folder in your home.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Postby Orbmiser on Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:09 pm

remoulder wrote:

Actually that is a system package not a location to put your own backgrounds. @rusty_jones, you can put your own background images where ever you like in your home and in the Backgrounds applet just click the + top right to navigate to them. Try putting them in a Wallpapers folder inside Pictures or in a .backgrounds folder in your home.

So they won't show if put in there? As shouldn't have to browse to my preferred collection of wallpapers.
But should be right there on right click change desktop background. Or able to change default point to folder for Desktop backgrounds?
Orbmiser
Level 7
Level 7

Postby Hawkeye_52 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Orbmiser wrote:
remoulder wrote:

So they won't show if put in there? As shouldn't have to browse to my preferred collection of wallpapers.
But should be right there on right click change desktop background. Or able to change default point to folder for Desktop backgrounds?

As remoulder pointed out, there are a lot of ways to do it. I create a folder called 'personal collection' in /usr/share/backgrounds. Anything I've collected or newly found that captures my fancy goes there. Then, when I right-click on the desktop and select 'Change Desktop Background', when I +-click, I can navigate to the backgrounds directory and make my choice(s). By doing it this way, I keep my personal collection separate from the official Linux Mint collect, and it makes it easy for me to save them for my other computers, or to 'pass around' to others, like myself, who like to 100's of wallpaper choices :wink: .

I guess creating a folder in /home of in /home/pictures would work, but I like to be a 'one-stop-shopper'...

Hawkeye52
Hawkeye_52
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Non-technical Questions