Since MintUpdate 4.4.7 problems

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Since MintUpdate 4.4.7 problems

Postby mister_lister on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:28 pm

*ADMIN DO NOT MOVE THIS TOPIC FROM THIS FORUM PLEASE*

I am using LinuxMint 13 (maya) and I was fully updated yesterday. Yesterday is when these issues started, right after I updated to MintUpdate 4.4.7. At first I got an error message regarding the authentication, there was no option other than to select "ok". After that I was unable all day into the night yesterday to Update without getting errors saying that there was a problem with the repositories. The admins deleted all of my thread save one message and put that in another thread and now that thread is deleted as well. I took it on upon myself to invest most of my day inspecting files (such as the source list and pinging each of the servers and they all replied in a timely manner.

So after doing all of that I then went to lauchpad (https://launchpad.net/linuxmint) and posted an error report (#1091895) so far 5 people verified this error there, if you have the same issues, go to that website and search for the error and post a comment about how it is effecting you (you may have to register).
mister_lister
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Since MintUpdate 4.4.7 problems

Postby karlchen on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:53 pm

Hello, mister_lister.

Be assured the mintupdater 4.4.7 is absolutely innocent.
It is a temporal co-incidence that you started experiencing problems performing Mint updates after you had installed mintupdate 4.4.7.
I started experiencing serious problems accessing the Linux Mint repositories before I finally received and installed mintupdate 4.4.7.
The details which are publically known about the current Linux Mint update problems and which a lot of users are experiencing can all be be found in this thread: Problem in updating.
There is no need starting yet another thread about the well-known problem.
In particular there is no need starting to blame mintupdate 4.4.7 for being the culprit. It is not.
Evidence:
It is totally irrelevant whether you use apt-get, aptitude, Synaptic or mintupdate in order to check for and download updates. The connection to packages.linuxmint.com will be slow as a snail. The connection to the Ubuntu servers will be fast.

Kind regards,
Karl
karlchen
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Since MintUpdate 4.4.7 problems

Postby zerozero on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:01 pm

this is a duplicate topic of this one viewtopic.php?f=47&t=120123&p=662345#p662345
no point keeping 2 topics running with the same subject
[locked]

[ bliss of ignorance ]
zerozero
Level 16
Level 16

Return to Software & Applications