Gone and 'done it'

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
allypink

Gone and 'done it'

Post by allypink »

Hello all
Been a user and donor to Mint for some time now. Been using 10 since it first arrived (came over from Suse)and have been really happy with it.
Ran 14 RC on an old 80g for a few weeks and could not fault it. Cinnamon is just about there. Couple of more bits and pieces and it will be a well populated as gnome 2.
Been looking for the 'next Mint 10' and I think I've found it.
Today went out and bought myself a new 500g hd ....... bit the bullet and installed 14 with cinnamon. Well done team.
With the aid of clonezilla my trusty WD 1tb USB drive, cloned the 80g to the new 500g WD, 'blew' up the home partition and all done. Mint even handled the drive reconfiguration it's self. Never had to touch the fstab file at all....... hey go figure!
Good solid distro. Running on Nouveau, as for some reason when I installed the nvidia driver we get the 'herky-jerkys' (tried current and even tried some older ones). Reverted back to the Nouveau driver. It runs really well and has matured nicely. Seeing as I don't play games, don't reckon I will miss the propriety driver.
Got three drives now 500g with 14, 250g with 10 and Win 7 on another 250g (need it for work; a software platform). Multi-boot menu so I can go with either or.
Highly recommend it team....... go for it. Looks like another donation coming to the Mint team.
Hey remember, if you find it useful put you hand in your pocket! Ain't no such thing as FREE!
Al :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Gone and 'done it'

Post by kc1di »

Hello allypink,
Think you'll find if you install Nvidia Current update it will work for you. did for me. But then if your doing everything you need to why bother.
Cheers!
Dave
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
allypink

Re: Gone and 'done it'

Post by allypink »

kc1di wrote:Hello allypink,
Think you'll find if you install Nvidia Current update it will work for you. did for me. But then if your doing everything you need to why bother.
Cheers!
Dave
Thanks Dave
Yeh tried Current (tested) and the two others listed in sources to no avail. As I said I'm happy with noveau. It really works quiet well.
Al.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”