Odd little bug in Cinnamon panel clock

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dwasifar

Odd little bug in Cinnamon panel clock

Post by dwasifar »

I'm running Mint 14 with Cinnamon, using the Tout theme. This theme has a light gray gradient on the panel, dark gray text with a white dropshadow behind the text.

I know that typically dropshadows are achieved in GTK themes by drawing the text twice - once with the dropshadow color and then again with the main color, offset by a pixel vertically and/or horizontally. What I'm noticing is that in the clock, sometimes the main text changes, but the dropshadow behind it doesn't. So for example it might be 6:27, but the dropshadow behind the 7 is still the ghost of the 0 from seven minutes ago. Put another way, the clock text says 6:27 but its dropshadow says 6:20.

If I click on the panel and then mouse over the clock, the problem corrects itself temporarily.

It's not really hurting anything, it's just weird. Anyone else notice this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
veggen

Re: Odd little bug in Cinnamon panel clock

Post by veggen »

Ha! I noticed this as well long ago, but had no idea how to explain it. You, on the other hand, did a fine job :)
dwasifar

Post by dwasifar »

Thanks. :)

For those not so impressed by my powers of description, here's a picture of what I mean. In this screenshot the dropshadow is off from the clock itself by hours and hours.

vrcca

Post by vrcca »

Same here!
johnnyf

Post by johnnyf »

Yeah I have that too, was going to make a thread about it but don't have to now.

I took a screenshot if it helps.

As you can see the shadow of a 6 remains. It's a minor bug but annoying none the less.

Return to “Cinnamon”