LMDE blanks.

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
mhwelsh

LMDE blanks.

Post by mhwelsh »

I believe that I am a Cinnamon flavoured user.
At the top of the screen, left hand edge, their should be drop down lists for Applications and Places and at the extreme right hand side of the screen there should be a drop down list headed by the name of the user and containing a number of functions.
I have one machine that has these labels displayed, (this machine was loaded after LMDE collapsed after an update and brought about the update packages) and I have two machines with missing labels.(These are 201109 vintage.)

Can any body point me to where the defect lies please?

martin welsh
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cwsnyder

Re: LMDE blanks.

Post by cwsnyder »

You aren't using Cinnamon if you expect that screen. You may be using Mate, or trying to use an even earlier version with the GNOME 2.x desktop which is no longer being supported.
mhwelsh

Re: LMDE blanks.

Post by mhwelsh »

I loaded Cinnamon when a choice was presented. It is on the cards that ever since I have just used what comes up when you press the 'go' button.

Going back and trying some alternatives I may be using Gnome classic. The malfunctions are still present. I like the desktop that I am using.

martin welsh

Return to “LMDE Archive”