compiz not working

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Sleven

compiz not working

Post by Sleven »

I just installed LMDE 64 and am running mate.
Compiz does not seem to be working.
I enabled 3d windows and cube gears and nothing happens when i scroll on the desktop.
Does compiz need to be enabled some where? I did try rebooting but still nothing

Also I followed this tutorial http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/506
in an attemp to get it working, but it had no effect.

Under the general options tab, the number of desktops is set to 1, but I am unable to change it to anything else.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cwsnyder

Re: compiz not working

Post by cwsnyder »

Have you had Compiz enabled before? Does your video card support graphics acceleration? Have you tried one of the proprietary video drivers instead of the FLOSS nouveau/fglrx drivers which match your video card?
Sleven

Post by Sleven »

I was able to get Compiz running by placing "compiz --replace" in the startup file. I have wobbly windows :)
still am not able to change the number of desktops. :(
Have you had Compiz enabled before?
No, just installed LMDE 64 mate yesterday.
Does your video card support graphics acceleration
Not sure, don't know how to check really.
Have you tried one of the proprietary video drivers instead of the FLOSS nouveau/fglrx drivers which match your video card?
No
Sleven

Post by Sleven »

Here is the "inxi -Fr"

Graphics: Card Intel 82Q963/Q965 Integrated Graphics Controller X.Org 1.12.4 Res: 1920x1080@60.0hz
GLX Renderer Mesa DRI Intel 965Q GLX Version 2.1 Mesa 8.0.4 Direct Rendering Yes
cwsnyder

Post by cwsnyder »

It looks like you have done everything right, unfortunately, in the tutorial you were following, in the comments from one month ago, Mate doesn't seem to work well with Compiz, and there was no response. I am running Cinnamon without graphics acceleration or Compiz, so no joy on helping you there.

Return to “LMDE Archive”