No Internet connection

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
bootmakr

No Internet connection

Post by bootmakr »

OK, so I know I'm not a newbie, but I'm such a computer illiterate I have to go to the newbie questions to find answers for all my problems -- just an old dunce that don't know/can't remember how to overcome some of the difficulties I experience with using Linux ( I can't use Windows either ;-) ). I'm sitting in a coffee shop that has free wireless, I can hook up to the internet with a minial 'live' CD Debian OS and surf the net using wicd, but when I try to use LMDE, wicd can't find any networks - the same thing happens when I'm in a public library here. I don't have a home base anymore, I'm temporarily in Tennessee/North Dakota/Montana etc, so I can't use a hard-wired connection anymore to update/upgrade. I don't remember what version of LMDE I have, I istalled about a year or less ago I think. If someone would please give me the info/instructions to be able to connect to the internet using wicd (I don't really know how to use it or any other, but it's always been wicd that was easiest for me becuz it normally does everything for me), I would surely appreciate it. It may be a couple of weeks or so before I can get back here, I'm kinda living off the grid right now until Spring when work will open up in Montana/North Dakota, so I don't get into town too often. All advice and help is appreciated, Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: No Internet connection

Post by xenopeek »

Moved topic here as it is about LMDE, and not about Linux Mint Main Edition. Also, question about wireless will hopefully get a more swift answer here rather than in Newbie Questions :wink:

I think LMDE also comes with mintwifi. So open a terminal, and run mintwifi. Post the output here for others to help you. You can copy text to/from the terminal, see its Edit menu.
bootmakr

Post by bootmakr »

Not too many pieces of advice yet ..........
xenopeek wrote:So open a terminal, and run mintwifi. Post the output here for others to help you. You can copy text to/from the terminal, see its Edit menu.
Since I can't get LMDE on the net, that may prove to be a bit difficult :? :lol:

That being said, I will close out of this CD and check to see if I have mintwifi on my LMDE.

THANX
bootmakr

Post by bootmakr »

Is this going to present a problem??
http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/view/2899

OK, now I'll close out the CD and go to my LMDE install.

Return to “LMDE Archive”