Start menu is missing

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
webmakin

Start menu is missing

Post by webmakin »

Start menu is missing after i installed Mint Maya 13 and installed the updates. I have done a couple of reboots its not coming back. Im not sure what to do since i have no way of reaching the terminal.
Edit: Let me give more info, its the button that says Menu otherwise with a gear icon that is missing. The panel is there and so is everything else.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Start menu is missing

Post by xenopeek »

Which desktop environment are you using? MATE/Cinnamon/Xfce/KDE?
webmakin

Post by webmakin »

xenopeek wrote:Which desktop environment are you using? MATE/Cinnamon/Xfce/KDE?
Im using Mate. This post is from the Desktop and the new Linux Mint 13 was installed on the laptop today. It can be that it was not installed properly but it was working for a couple of hours before i installed Dropbox and Xampp. Post which i got a opup about the Menu button and clicked on Ok without reading and shut it down since i had to go. After that i started it and it was missing. rebooted twice its still missing.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Right-click on an empty spot on the panel, choose "Add to Panel" from the menu that popped up. Add the "mintMenu" and you should have the menu back.
webmakin

Post by webmakin »

xenopeek wrote:Right-click on an empty spot on the panel, choose "Add to Panel" from the menu that popped up. Add the "mintMenu" and you should have the menu back.
I got it back. Thanks a ton
scottghall

Post by scottghall »

I am using Mint 13, Cinnamon, and there is no right-click response on the taskbar. Missing the mintMenu icon in the lower left taskbar.

It is annoying not to be able to launch applications except through the commandline interface (because at least terminal and couple of other applications are pinned in the taskbar for one-click launching.

- sgh
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Post by TheDynamicHamza21 »

@scottghall
I use Mate not cinnamon but from a coment on youtube vid I believe this might work for you.
right-clicking on an icon there (like "Show Desktop") pops up a 3-item menu, one of which is "Add/remove applets" - left-click on that to bring up a settings box named "Cinnamon Settings - Applets" which has a long button labelled "Restore to default". Left-clicking that restored the Menu button/cogged wheel to it's original spot at the far left.
Linux Registered User: # 573034

Hamza21.com

Return to “MATE”