Solved: Firefox choppy scrolling

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
big_dog1968

Solved: Firefox choppy scrolling

Post by big_dog1968 »

I installed the new KDE version (mini-KDE CD) and installed all the updates. I installed the ATI drivers using Envy.

When I am in firefox, I now get choppy scrolling. Is there a way to make it smooth again? I enable smooth scrolling, and it made almost no difference.

I have a very new system (Intel quad core, 2 gigs memory, ati 3850). I don't know what it is? :?: :?:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Firefox choppy scrolling

Post by MagnusB »

Compiz enabled?
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin
atlef
Level 4
Level 4

Post by atlef »

Hi.

Have you edited xorg.conf for your mouse? What mouse is it?

If so, type about:config in the address bar, look for mousewheel. And refer to this article at mozillazine for values to enter.
Look at this wiki as well. for possible xorg.conf changes you need to do for your mouse.
And these community documents found at ubuntu.com can also help.

atlef.
big_dog1968

Post by big_dog1968 »

MagnusB wrote:Compiz enabled?
It did it either way. I went ahead and re-installed the gnome version and so far have not experienced that issue again.
big_dog1968

Post by big_dog1968 »

atlef wrote:Hi.

Have you edited xorg.conf for your mouse? What mouse is it?

If so, type about:config in the address bar, look for mousewheel. And refer to this article at mozillazine for values to enter.
Look at this wiki as well. for possible xorg.conf changes you need to do for your mouse.
And these community documents found at ubuntu.com can also help.

atlef.
Atlef,
I wenmt ahead and re-installed the Gnome version of Mint and am no longer having this problem. Thanks for the help. If this happens again, I'll know where to start.
alanstanley

Re: Solved: Firefox choppy scrolling

Post by alanstanley »

I had the same problem - but in Gnome and with ATI radeon 5500. Have just downloaded new Envy from
http://albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html
and installed new ATI driver and problem is now fixed. Still have to turn effects off to watch a movie (to prevent flickering) - but one thing at a time!

Return to “Beginner Questions”