Can't use Alt-` key combination (LM14 Cinnamon)

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rocuronium

Can't use Alt-` key combination (LM14 Cinnamon)

Post by rocuronium »

I just installed LM 14, and I'm attempting to use the Alt-` combination for the autotype feature in KeepassX (which I have used successfully in previous versions of LM). When I use the combination, it opens up the tab switcher (like Alt-Tab would), although it doesn't cycle through the windows. I am not able to set it for the autotype combination in KeepassX.

Is there some preexisting function for the Alt-` combination that I am not aware of? I have looked through all the keybindings in the Cinnamon settings, and there is nothing else bound to that.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Can't use Alt-` key combination (LM14 Cinnamon)

Post by Flemur »

In Xfce the "Alt" key usage is defined in a completely different GUI than the other keys! One that's not labeled "keys" ... it's so cool!

So perhaps check under "window manager", "window manager tweaks" or something like that, which is where it's hidden away in Xfce.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

Mint 14 is not released, discussion of RC issues is requested at http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2205
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
Dron09

Post by Dron09 »

UP!
Is it possible now to switch off windows moving with pushed Alt, and use Alt as it must in programs?
Blender/GIMP/Kate has gone cry from this missing
abnvolk

Post by abnvolk »

No, it is still not fixed. This behavior is from GNOME 3... I'm submitting it to the GitHub page.

Return to “Cinnamon”