can't use linuxmint as hotspot

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
northcamel

can't use linuxmint as hotspot

Post by northcamel »

Before I turn to linux mint, I use ubuntu12.04 well and I can easily set up wireless sharing using network manager.
But in linux mint, I configure as the same as in ubuntu12.04, my smartphone can only connect the established hotspot normally but it can't get access to the internet.
I confiure as the same as this viedo in Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqu93BhSAxw) . I don't know what's wrong.
Anyone who have the experience of setting up hotspot please help me.
Thanks in anvance!
Excuse for my poor English.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
farvardin
Level 1
Level 1

Re: can't use linuxmint as hotspot

Post by farvardin »

I tried the same (I don't have a wifi gateway, only a wired ethernet connection), with a wifi usb key (dml-g122 rev C). While I can configure the wifi key as an ad-hoc connection, and on my smartphone connect to it (I'm close to the key so the signal is excellent), the smartphone after a while search for an IP, and when it's connected, the key then closes the connection. I could connect with the same key on windows with an utility called "connectivity" or something like that.
opensam

Re: can't use linuxmint as hotspot

Post by opensam »

i saw the same video and it worked for lm11 but not for lm13 cinnamon

Return to “Networking”