alt+tab appearance

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jallenusn

alt+tab appearance

Post by jallenusn »

I am using several distributions but my primary go-to OS is Mint 14 KDE due to stability/reliability/limited configuration etc. One of the things I really like about mint-kde is the alt-tab menu where it cycles through the windows in a full screen kind of mode where the windows cycle and there is a glassy appearance underneath. So anyway, I wanted to get that on another kde-distribution I am using and I can't quite figure out what kde addon it is that controls that portion of the interface. I'm assuming it's a module or something. I have the generic Windows looking alt+tab menu in my other distributions that are using kde so it must be something that is currently Mint-specific. Could anyone point me in the right direction?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
BubbaBlues

Re: alt+tab appearance

Post by BubbaBlues »

I've been using Mint KDE (for the most part) since Mint 9 and I never even knew about the alt+tab thing. I don't know what
it's called, but I'm glad you brought it up. 8)
jallenusn

Post by jallenusn »

from a purely aesthetic standpoint it's one of the nicest parts of the interface imo. Functionally, I suppose it doesn't make much difference but it looks really nice.
abnvolk

Post by abnvolk »

Are you talking about Cover Switch? Then it's under Windows Behavior, if I remember it right...
claudecat

Post by claudecat »

It is indeed under Window Behavior in System Settings. Personally, I like to use flip switch - which must first be enabled under Desktop Effects.
jallenusn

Post by jallenusn »

Thanks. For some reason I didn't realize it was a KDE thing. I thought it was a Mint-addon. Dumb question in hind-sight but thanks for the help.

Return to “Software & Applications”