k9copy is in the Menu...will not launch

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sillyboy

k9copy is in the Menu...will not launch

Post by sillyboy »

Using Mint 13. I installed k9copy, and it will not launch. I have removed it and reinstalled it a few times, still no go. I can get it to launch using the terminal, but it would be nice to just click on it, when it is in the Menu. Is there a fix for this? :shock:

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dagon
Level 7
Level 7

Re: k9copy is in the Menu...will not launch

Post by dagon »

Hi!

Open up a terminal and type:

Code: Select all

k9copy
This way, if the software generates any messages you can copy and paste it here.
sillyboy

Post by sillyboy »

That didn't do anything. "Command not found"
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Post by TheDynamicHamza21 »

Just right click k9copy in the Mint menu>Edit Properties> and in the command field put the command to launch (usr/bin/k9copy %U) and it should work now.
Linux Registered User: # 573034

Hamza21.com

Return to “Beginner Questions”