[solved ]What did you use to make the Mint wallpaper?

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
batteriesInc

[solved ]What did you use to make the Mint wallpaper?

Post by batteriesInc »

Hi all,

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me how the Mint wallpaper was made. I rather like it, and would like to know more about the method by which this was made and how I could do stuff like this myself. I use Linux in a number of varieties as well as OSX, but am very much not a graphics designer so please keep it where possible in English :). I would appreciate pointers at where I could learn about this myself.

Thank you very much in advance!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Lasher

Re: What did you use to make the Mint wallpaper?

Post by Lasher »

My guess is Blender. I haven't used Blender much myself as I'm actually learning Autodesk3DS Max and their environments are a little jarring. Though I often prefer GIMP over Photoshop depending on the task. Once I have a bit more confidence in Max I'll play around in Blender more.
batteriesInc

Post by batteriesInc »

I figured it was something like Blender, I was hoping to find a source file to tinker with (Blender is a tad intimidating if you've never been near this sort of software :) ). I think I'll do something I haven't done in 20 years: cross post. In the wallpaper forum.

Thnx!
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

The wallpaper was made by a person named or nicknamed Gelsan but there is no such user on the forum, so I don't know how you could contact him (his forum username is probably different).
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
batteriesInc

Post by batteriesInc »

Hmm, now that *is* helpful.

Thank you, or (given your location) "dankjewel" :)

Return to “Non-technical Questions”