ttf-liberation and mint-meta-debian-mate [SOLVED]

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
tmallafre

ttf-liberation and mint-meta-debian-mate [SOLVED]

Post by tmallafre »

Hi all,
one week old LMDE user after 5 years using ubuntu :-)

After UP 5, I've made "apt install mint-meta-debian-mate" as I'm running mate, but this installs also ttf-liberation and fonts-liberation, and I don't like how the web browser looks after that; so I've made sudo aptitude remove --purge ttf-liberation and sudo aptitude remove --purge fonts-liberation (like I've made so many times in ubuntu) but this uninstalls also mint-meta-debian-mate. My question is: I'm missing some thing important without that package? Or, is there any workaround for remove that fonts that I don't like without loosing mint-meta-debian-mate?

Sorry for my english and thanks in advance :-)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: ttf-liberation and mint-meta-debian-mate

Post by zerozero »

welcome to lmde :wink:
tmallafre wrote:My question is: I'm missing some thing important without that package? Or, is there any workaround for remove that fonts that I don't like without loosing mint-meta-debian-mate?
- first rule :lol: don't mix aptitude with apt just because ...
(explaining: they use different algorithms and one doesn't know what the other does/did)
- aptitude will uninstall the meta-pkg because you are uninstalling a pkg automatically installed as a dep of it (apt won't do that)
- in the end of the day you can let that meta-pkg go if you want (the required pkgs are already installed and won't be removed)
tmallafre

Post by tmallafre »

Thanks zerozero, I see I'm not only newbie on LMDE :oops:
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

:lol: let me tell you a secret: stick some time around lmde and you'll be cured :mrgreen:
(not because lmde is difficult or hard but because it "pushes" us up the ladder)

Return to “LMDE Archive”