alt+tab appearance

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

alt+tab appearance

Postby jallenusn on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:39 pm

I am using several distributions but my primary go-to OS is Mint 14 KDE due to stability/reliability/limited configuration etc. One of the things I really like about mint-kde is the alt-tab menu where it cycles through the windows in a full screen kind of mode where the windows cycle and there is a glassy appearance underneath. So anyway, I wanted to get that on another kde-distribution I am using and I can't quite figure out what kde addon it is that controls that portion of the interface. I'm assuming it's a module or something. I have the generic Windows looking alt+tab menu in my other distributions that are using kde so it must be something that is currently Mint-specific. Could anyone point me in the right direction?
jallenusn
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: alt+tab appearance

Postby BubbaBlues on Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:39 pm

I've been using Mint KDE (for the most part) since Mint 9 and I never even knew about the alt+tab thing. I don't know what
it's called, but I'm glad you brought it up. 8)
"I sometimes wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by embeciles who really mean it."
Mark Twain
BubbaBlues
Level 4
Level 4

Postby jallenusn on Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:20 pm

from a purely aesthetic standpoint it's one of the nicest parts of the interface imo. Functionally, I suppose it doesn't make much difference but it looks really nice.
jallenusn
Level 1
Level 1

Postby abnvolk on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:05 am

Are you talking about Cover Switch? Then it's under Windows Behavior, if I remember it right...
abnvolk
Level 4
Level 4

Postby claudecat on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:04 pm

It is indeed under Window Behavior in System Settings. Personally, I like to use flip switch - which must first be enabled under Desktop Effects.
claudecat
Level 3
Level 3

Postby jallenusn on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:32 pm

Thanks. For some reason I didn't realize it was a KDE thing. I thought it was a Mint-addon. Dumb question in hind-sight but thanks for the help.
jallenusn
Level 1
Level 1

Return to KDE