Let me ask you...

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
elchucko

Let me ask you...

Post by elchucko »

This forum has helped me in the past and I appreciate it. I just got started (again) with Linux Mint. I did an install of COSV, the Commodore OS which is a shell running mint 10. The first time I tried to install COSV the thing would hang after going through the install process to displaying the Commodore logo. After hitting ctrl alt delete a Linux Mint terminal screen was displayed showing the Commodore OS was successfully installed and it came to a prompt asking for my password which I did. After entering it the "ready" prompt was displayed. It was suggested at that point to enter "sudo rm -rf /tmp/.x11-unix" which I did and it booted to COS! I was going to enter "sudo reboot" but rebooted w/o the command. All things are fine and booted many times OK. Then several days later I had to do a fresh install of the Commodore OS. I went through the same install process but now I cannot get the thing to boot to the Commodore OS. After I enter the first sudo command it comes to a ready prompt instead of booting. When I enter the reboot command it does boot to COS for a few seconds then the screen goes blank and the PC goes back to the dual boot screen asking to boot to W7 or COS. Then the whole process begins again. The sudo rm -rf /tmp/.x11-unix command worked on the initial COS install but now it does not work/fix my problem. Ideas? Thank you
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Let me ask you...

Post by viking777 »

Moved here by moderator.
This is not really a Mint question, furthermore Mint 10 is long ago obsolete, so I don't think you will be getting much help with this question here simply because nobody will have any experience with COSV. Doesn't the COSV distro have its own forum? That would be a much better place to ask this question.
elchucko

Post by elchucko »

I realize Mint 10 is an older non-supported OS. CommodoreUSA does have their own forum but unfortunately for me at this point they have not solution. I will refrain from further posting on the subject. Thank you
viking777

Post by viking777 »

elchucko wrote:I realize Mint 10 is an older non-supported OS. CommodoreUSA does have their own forum but unfortunately for me at this point they have not solution. I will refrain from further posting on the subject. Thank you
You are very welcome to post about it elchucko, that wasn't what I meant, I just meant that it is unlikely you will get much help as I doubt anyone else has this OS installed. This section is the best place for you to post if you want to as it definitely comes under the title 'Other Distributions'.

Return to “Chat about Linux”