Logout sound?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
theunseenones

Logout sound?

Post by theunseenones »

I agree i'm a noob and i changed my login sound, but can not change my logout sound scheme,
it's kind of a bummer considering being able to customize your sound scheme is as important as customizing your visual themes through gui, even in windows if i set a command through dos i can do it with no issues just give myself administrator access. Now in linux i hit a brick wall on this issue. I was excited trying a new os but i can't modify it to my liking and that's important to me i hate the default sounds and i'm all about theme-ing my machine, it is one of the first things i do after setting up security lol i know lame but i like sound themes and visual themes i'm a sucker for candy :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Logout sound?

Post by xenopeek »

Hi, I've moved your post here as you had replied to a topic that was almost 2 years old. I don't think you will be using the same Linux Mint version, or even desktop environment, as the OP of that topic :wink: If you can add which Linux Mint version you are using and which desktop environment, perhaps somebody can point you in the right direction for this.
theunseenones

Post by theunseenones »

opppssss sorry about that noob um i'm using linuxmint 14 nadia kde distro, this guy here has the right idea just wants the go ahead great idea i might add... :D http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/view/1471
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

That would make it a KDE specific question, so moving it here. A quick look around shows that you can go to System Settings > Application and System Notifications, then on the Manage Notifications tab in the "Event source" box select "KDE Workspace". Top entry here has title "Logout", so that is probably the one to change? Mind you, I don't use KDE regularly, but give it a try.
theunseenones

Post by theunseenones »

Ok will do and thanks alot for your help, i have given up on kde to much hassle i'm installing cinnamon instead. But the fact remains i still want to change the sound scheme for the system, it's as important as changing a graphical theme for me - it's the first thing i do after updates to the system... again thank you :)

Return to “Software & Applications”