Backup tool hangs on restore

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Backup tool hangs on restore

Postby iso on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:08 am

When trying to upgrade to Nadia I followed the backup tool instructions, did a clean install of Nadia and then tried to restore my files. The Backup Tool just hangs on "Calculating...".

I followed the instructions to a tee, any ideas to how to get my files restored?

Running the app from the command line show the following:
/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintBackup/mintBackup.py:1670: GtkWarning: Attempting to store changes into `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: Failed to create file '/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel.2YBKOW': No such file or directory

but when selecting the destination I selected my home folder as per the instructions, but after clicking the Forward button I am told the destination is /root. I also periodically see in the terminal a message saying the CRC check failed. Please don't tell me this is a stupid bug in the backup tool app.
iso
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Backup tool hangs on restore

Postby gorade on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:37 am

I can't make mintbackup to backup my program selction. It says it does so and without errors, but nothing seems to be achieved.
gorade
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Backup tool hangs on restore

Postby gorade on Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:16 am

gorade wrote:I can't make mintbackup to backup my program selction. It says it does so and without errors, but nothing seems to be achieved.

I reply myself. I found out that the backup file is in /root regardless of what I state. I want it to be in my home catalogue. Now I have to pick it out of that /root and paste it where it belongs.

I want to decide where the backup should be stored. I ! :evil:
gorade
Level 2
Level 2

Return to Software & Applications