Backup tool hangs on restore

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
iso

Backup tool hangs on restore

Post by iso »

When trying to upgrade to Nadia I followed the backup tool instructions, did a clean install of Nadia and then tried to restore my files. The Backup Tool just hangs on "Calculating...".

I followed the instructions to a tee, any ideas to how to get my files restored?

Running the app from the command line show the following:
/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintBackup/mintBackup.py:1670: GtkWarning: Attempting to store changes into `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: Failed to create file '/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel.2YBKOW': No such file or directory

but when selecting the destination I selected my home folder as per the instructions, but after clicking the Forward button I am told the destination is /root. I also periodically see in the terminal a message saying the CRC check failed. Please don't tell me this is a stupid bug in the backup tool app.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gorade
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Backup tool hangs on restore

Post by gorade »

I can't make mintbackup to backup my program selction. It says it does so and without errors, but nothing seems to be achieved.
gorade
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Backup tool hangs on restore

Post by gorade »

gorade wrote:I can't make mintbackup to backup my program selction. It says it does so and without errors, but nothing seems to be achieved.
I reply myself. I found out that the backup file is in /root regardless of what I state. I want it to be in my home catalogue. Now I have to pick it out of that /root and paste it where it belongs.

I want to decide where the backup should be stored. I ! :evil:

Return to “Software & Applications”