The Mint Café

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
BubbaBlues

Re: THE MINT CAFE

Post by BubbaBlues »

Beam and Sprite for me. They go together like ding and dong. 8)
Catbuntu

Post by Catbuntu »

Merry Christmas and happy new year to all the Mint users, developers and curious people!
VaughanZA

Post by VaughanZA »

Hi Everyone

Can you all believe it is already 23 January 2013?
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by npap »

Welcome to the Mint Cafe, VaughanZA.
Time sure flies!
A belated Happy New Year wish to you my friend.

Cheers,
npap
Catbuntu

Post by Catbuntu »

VaughanZA wrote:Hi Everyone

Can you all believe it is already 23 January 2013?
Oh, time flies. That can be either a good or a bad thing... The summer (i.e. holydays!) is nearer, but so are the exams. :cry:
I hope I can finally decide between Ubuntu, Mint Cinnamon and Mint MATE when the exams arrive :lol:

Cat
Dabz

Post by Dabz »

I hope I can finally decide between Ubuntu, Mint Cinnamon and Mint MATE when the exams arrive
I've learnt I'm a Cinnamon type of fella! :D
Oh, time flies. That can be either a good or a bad thing...
Yep... It's belting along... I'm looking forward to the summer, obviously the weather in the UK will be terrible, but, I'll be off on a big bird pelting towards Portugal, golf clubs in the holdall and a big fat grin on my face... as well as 3 cans of Stella for £10 on my foldy tray thing! ;)

Cannot wait!!!

Dabz
d00med

Post by d00med »

Host of the show Hak5, Darren Kitchen said on his latest show (dl) that he was using Cinnamon "unfortunately." What?

It's a segment about laptop battery life, so perhaps he was referring to Cinnamon's memory usage, but he didn't elaborate; just "unfortunately." And they use Unity exclusively on the show, so I can't see Cinnamon being an unfortunate DE respectively. :roll:

Grrr.

npap
Level 6
Level 6

KEEPING IN TOUCH

Post by npap »

Hello my Mint friends,
Just thought I should drop in for a beer :) and say hello to my old friends.
Greetings,
npap
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

One glass of beer for npap, coming right up...

Better order more beer, npap's back in town!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!
Using Mint as primary OS since 2006.
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by npap »

Thanks my compadre. Erin Go Bragh! :)
A Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too, Mate :)
Just got back from the outdoors where my wife and I went looking for a four-leaf clover. No luck! The rabits were there before us.

By the by chap, the beer was delicious but couldn't manage it all. I shared it with the neighbors :lol:
Cheers,
npap
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Re: THE MINT CAFE AT PRESENT

Post by npap »

The MintBar.jpg
Come and get your drink before the remaining stock is completely depleted, folks. :)
Lack of interest in the Cafe's activities on the part of our clients has forced the establishment to take severe austerity measures. :(
No special funds are being alloted for the operation of the Cafe. It has been running on a tight budget by the contributions of our generous friends.
Thanks to our most able bartender Kenetics, we have been able to operate well enough in the past. :lol:

Your booze contributions will be gratefully welcomed :lol:

Wishing all our Mint friends the best of luck,
Your eternal friend,
npap, live. :)
iMonsterette

Post by iMonsterette »

hello people
i switched to Ubuntu,, but can i still get some refreshing alcohol free mint drink?! i'm still a fan
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

I like this idea of Mint café :D What if we turn it into something like couch surfing :D I like to visit new places myself :D A true Mint community guys :D
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by npap »

@iMonsterette
One refreshing Mint drink for you, coming up. :)

@Brahim
You have my vote for your idea, Brahim :)

Welcome to the mint Cafe to both of you. my friends :D
Cheers,

npap
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

Those who are interested in couch surfing please include CVs for better acquaintance:D How is that?
Crewp

Post by Crewp »

What happened? It's been so quiet in here for months? :cry:
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by npap »

Cassandralounge.jpg
I would never believe that the Mint Lounge would be so empty :(
What happened fellows? The economic crisis could not be the cause, I believe. :(
Come on and fill up the place. Drinks will be on the house :lol: ( LinuxMint's budget is getting better, I hear) :D

Keep in touch and have some fun.
Cheers!
Have a virtual cocktail on me!
npap
Last edited by npap on Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Re: THE MINT CAFE in the beginning.

Post by npap »

Postby npap » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:41 pm
MintLogo-1.jpg
Hello fellow Minties!
Note: Rummies excluded.

How about getting away from humdrum and nerve racking work, once in a while.
This is what The Mint Café is all about. It's a place for a refreshing virtual Mint cocktail and relaxation.
With the Administrator's permission (Please let us know of any objections) any one of us Minties may visit here and have a good chat about trivial things.

I believe life is too short to waste our time thinking too seriously about it :)

So, keep your anonymity mask on and feel free to speak about your trivial paraphernalia.
But please, all in a sense of healthy and decent humor. :wink:
r
For those of you who have no idea what this is all about:

(example) Some newbie asked "what is Nautilus"
So Scorp123 showed us a beautiful picture of it :o It was a creature in the sea floor that looks like a snail but has tentacles like an Octopus.

He was joking of course. He also warned: " Don't ever install this on your desktop! # It's fortunate that Nautilus, the browser, is not as slow. :)
I added that captain Nemo in Jules Verne's '20000 leagues under the Sea' named his submarine after Nautilus.
Clem, with his usual sharp humor, corrected me as to the title of the novel. He said, quote: "20000 Leaks Under the Sea"
Well anyway, I could not figure out how captain Nemo could manage to plug up 20000 leaks and save his submarine from disaster :lol:

So, this is what virtual reality is all about. And all of you gamers out there should get a kick out of it.
BTW, (gossip) Clem, a renowned and very creative gentleman, is also the father of the 'République Démocratique d'Ydémos' , a virtual micronation that is only in French, unfortunately. http://ydemos.com/forum/ (Note: Site does not exist any more)

So enough gossip for today. We hope you will join us at the virtual lounge for a refreshing Mint cocktail.
Last edited by npap on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
rokytnji

Post by rokytnji »

I am under the weather,[url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/06/whooping-cough-texas-epidemic_n_3877069.html?ir=Healthy+Living]whooping cough of all things[/url]. Feel Puny so to feel better

1 bunch mint (I prefer spearmint to peppermint)
1/3 cup honey (mild, plus more to taste)
1/3 cup maple syrup (plus more to taste)
1 lemon (large)
1 lime (large)

Cut with water to taste and consistency with Ice. Makes one feel a bit better when you felt like you drank drain-o (throat infection) and lungs are on fire.
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by npap »

Wishing you the best, rokytnji!
I see you already have found the remedy :lol:

Return to “Open Chat”