I had a similar issue with either the Windows 8 or Windows 7 partition during my first days with Mint 13, even though I didn't play with partitioning:
basically, Linux was seeing one of the two operating systems as suspended, or hibernated (that it couldn't be anyway)
I simply had to clear the cache in Windows.
I think a message actually came out in Linux saying exactly that.
If I remember correctly (but please check it out before doing it
) you have to start a Windows session and open cmd (start->Run-> then type "cmd"); then type
- Code: Select all
I honestly don't know if this procedure is relevant, I seem to remember that it is, but I cannot recall what DNS has to do with hibernation files and such... In any case you have to solve the problem in Windows and not in Linux.
I hope I put you on the right direction at least, good luck!