No sound effects or TV sound but the rest ok [not SOLVED]

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Niks
Level 3
Level 3

No sound effects or TV sound but the rest ok [not SOLVED]

Post by Niks »

I have 2 card sounds in my PC one HDMI on vid card and they all work fine. :)
However since the installing LMDE 64 I have not been able to get the sound effects to work ( bad title should really be called desktop notification or event sounds ) .They are just "Mr grayed out" .
I also have a TV card which i know can be a didntproblem to get the internal sound but i have had it before and used my notes to get it to work but not joy. :cry:

I really need the sound effects to set up my 5.1 system as the built in test does not produce sound either and TV with sound would enhance the experience quite a bit.

Update 6 did not resolve the issue.

Any :mrgreen: :idea: .

by the way why didn't they build PAVCONTROL into distro ???? the on board menu/mixer does not do have enough routing options :cry:

Well not sure what I fixed but while working or another issue the system told me to

Code: Select all

sudo dpkg --configure -a 
and suddenly I hear "blonk" :shock: :D [/color]

Well I thought that was it ....I guess not :(
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Niks
Level 3
Level 3

Re: No sound effects or TV sound and 5.1 not ok

Post by Niks »

Ok here is an update that may get some people interested :?:

I installed a few libraries including the sound-theme from free-desktop in the hope I would resolve the issue but nope still grayed out :(

How ever :!: The "test speaker" test now has a very nice lady talking to me :D
She tells me
"front left , front center front right"
And I have lots of pink noise from the sub
but NO rear !!!!
I have doubled checked the output of the hardware and in fact changed card ( same type SB Live 5.1 )
Same problem
Plus I hear very distorted sounds coming out of the front center speaker and "bleeding" into it from other channels

I have used the system and hard ware this way before in Windows and I think Mint 11 but in any case I think my problems are more then I thought :?
mank_in

Re: No sound effects or TV sound but the rest ok

Post by mank_in »

Return to “LMDE Archive”