Avro keyboard is not working

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kousantz

Avro keyboard is not working

Post by kousantz »

HI! I am new to linux world..Currently I am using LM14 Nadia kde 32bit version in my system having intel i3 processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard disk.
I tried to install in this system Avro keyboard by following method specified in http://linux.omicronlab.com/ubuntu_12.10.html
But after hitting ctrl+space Bengali fonts are not coming. Please help :(
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Avro keyboard is not working

Post by xenopeek »

I found some reference that you should install the package qt4-ibus. Do that, then open your file manager and press Ctrl+H to show hidden files also. Edit the now displayed .profile file in your home folder with Kate, and at the end append this line:

Code: Select all

export QT_IM_MODULE=ibus
Save and close the file. Then from the menu open Autostart, and add the program IBus to be automatically started (you will find IBus in the System section). Then log out and log in again and Ctrl+Space should work if you have a program open that supports text entry. You should also have a new icon on your panel, which you can right-click to change which keyboard entry method is active.

I managed to type some Bengali, though I couldn't read what I was typing :lol:

Should IBus still not work, another suggestion was to install the package qt4-qtconfig, and then run qtconfig and configure on the Interface tab the Default Input Method to ibus. It may not have been set correctly, though for me it was and I didn't need to do this.
kousantz

Post by kousantz »

আপনাকে অসংখ্য ধন্যবাদ(many many thanks to you Sir). I did as per your instruction. after installing qt4-qtconfig it works thank you sir. thanks again xenopeek.. :D :)
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Then I'm happy to have included that last bit :wink:
kousantz

Post by kousantz »

Hi sorry to bother you again but Avro stopped working again. i deleted and rewritten those code provided above but ctrl+space toggling is not working. please help me :(

Return to “Beginner Questions”