[Solved] how to remove mintInstall.py from kicker menu

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
manmath

[Solved] how to remove mintInstall.py from kicker menu

Post by manmath »

snapshot1.png
hi, i'm running linuxmint nadia 14 kde. overall it's all working fine with two annoying bugs:

#1 i've removed and purged mintInstall but still mintInstall.py remains in the menu (have a look at the screenshot). i've tried to remove it from kmenu, but it is not there.
#2 some times items in the windows list overlap with each other though i've chosen to ungroup always.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
manmath

Re: how to remove mintInstall.py from kicker menu

Post by manmath »

i made a system wide search for mintInstall.py but could not find it anywhere. However, that item is still there in the menu as shown in that screenshot.
please anybody suggest how to remove it.
manmath

Re: [Solved] how to remove mintInstall.py from kicker menu

Post by manmath »

Hi, automatically that mintInstall.py was removed after i deleted some mintInstall.py.Desktop file and removed all its entries from applications-kmenuedit.menu
hazmaju

Re: [Solved] how to remove mintInstall.py from kicker menu

Post by hazmaju »

Could you please be more precise about those two file locations i can't find them anywhere. I have the same problem with mintinstall.py showing in the menu...

Return to “Software & Applications”