IN=eth2 OUT =

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
rayandrews

IN=eth2 OUT =

Post by rayandrews »

All,

This is a general sort of problem, but there doesn't seem to be a forum for this sort of non-specific issue. Anyway, for the last while when I'm at TTY/Console, I am constantly plagued with spontanious messages that always start:

[1873.404401] [UFW BLOCK] IN=eth2 OUT= MAC=00:15:60:5 .....

Googling, I see that this has happened to others but I don't see any resolution. It only happens with LMDE. Also, it never happens in any xterm or graphic app. But any prog. run from CLI can have this message pop up at any time. Eg. if I'm editing a file in Nano, this text just pops onto the screen overtop of whatever I'm editing. It is very anoying. The message pops up randomly but maybe once or twice per minute on average. Can anyone suggest a cure?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rayandrews

Re: IN=eth2 OUT =

Post by rayandrews »

rayandrews wrote:All,

This is a general sort of problem, but there doesn't seem to be a forum for this sort of non-specific issue. Anyway, for the last while when I'm at TTY/Console, I am constantly plagued with spontanious messages that always start:

[1873.404401] [UFW BLOCK] IN=eth2 OUT= MAC=00:15:60:5 .....

Googling, I see that this has happened to others but I don't see any resolution. It only happens with LMDE. Also, it never happens in any xterm or graphic app. But any prog. run from CLI can have this message pop up at any time. Eg. if I'm editing a file in Nano, this text just pops onto the screen overtop of whatever I'm editing. It is very anoying. The message pops up randomly but maybe once or twice per minute on average. Can anyone suggest a cure?
Well, a bit more searching and I think I've found the answer:

dmesg -D

Return to “LMDE Archive”