cant add workspaces ... (SOLVED)

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

cant add workspaces ... (SOLVED)

Postby stumbles on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:41 am

hi suddenly my desktop has gone from 4 to 2 workspace switchers I have tried to access via r clicking/preferences to add more workspaces as i have always done without any problems but now I can't change the number of workspaces at all...
I use Cinnamon Maya 13 LTS ... and have not got compiz ...any ideas on how i can add my normal 4 workspaces as before
any help info would be of interest thanks for your time and patience...
Last edited by stumbles on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
stumbles
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: cant add workspaces ...

Postby Oscar799 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:42 pm

Go to Menu>Preferences>Cinnamon Settings>Applets and check "Expo Applet" to enable it
This will mean you can access Expo view from your panel
When you do that you will see a button with a "+" on the right hand side halfway down the screen - use this to add as many workspaces as you want
"Don't fix it if it ain't broken,don't break it if you can't fix it" Husse
Registered Linux User #511789
Oscar799
Level 18
Level 18

Postby stumbles on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:03 pm

Oscar799 wrote:Go to Menu>Preferences>Cinnamon Settings>Applets and check "Expo Applet" to enable it
This will mean you can access Expo view from your panel
When you do that you will see a button with a "+" on the right hand side halfway down the screen - use this to add as many workspaces as you want

Hi thank you for your reply unfortunatley I cannot fine the Expo Applet in my Applets and nor can I find the Expo Applet in the get more Applets list...not sure where else I can get this Expo Applet from . . ! feel a bit daft ...
stumbles
Level 1
Level 1

Postby caribriz on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:21 pm

For LM13 Cinnamon (1.4.0)
Try going to Cinnamon Settings > Hot Corner
Check "Hot corner enabled"
Choose Hot corner function: Workspace selection (ala Compiz Expo)

Move mouse onto Hot corner to display workspaces, then click on plus sign on far right of screen to add more workspaces.

caribriz
Desktop: C2D E6400 / Asus P5LD2SE / 2GB ram / Asus GeForce 210 / 320GB (WinXP) & 1TB (Mint - various)
Laptop: Asus A53E-SX1455V - i5 2450M / 4GB ram / Intel HD 3000 / 500GB (Win7/Mint 17 Cinnamon)
caribriz
Level 5
Level 5

Postby stumbles on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:55 am

caribriz wrote:For LM13 Cinnamon (1.4.0)
Try going to Cinnamon Settings > Hot Corner
Check "Hot corner enabled"
Choose Hot corner function: Workspace selection (ala Compiz Expo)

Move mouse onto Hot corner to display workspaces, then click on plus sign on far right of screen to add more workspaces.

caribriz

Hi thank you very much that worked a treat - I have my fave 4 workspaces back . . . cheers :)
stumbles
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions