2 DIsplays problem

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

2 DIsplays problem

Postby Aleksiv on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:46 am

When i plug second display in it just clones the other one, and it thinks the second display is on the first one ._.
Im using amd radeon hd 7950 graphics card

sorryforbadenglish
Aleksiv
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: 2 DIsplays problem

Postby cwsnyder on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:48 pm

From all indications reading the literature about the video card, it is designed for a single monitor, period. You have a DVI connection and an HDMI connection, but to support multiple displays, according to AMD, you need a DisplayPort adapter or DisplayPort capable monitor which would connect to one of the connections, or you need a second card linked to the first. With the proper connection adapters, two cards could support up to 6 displays, but without the adapters (which you don't mention having), only a single display is supported.
LMDE Mate 64-bit, LM17 Mate 64-bit
Debian Xfce 64-bit, Xubuntu 14.10 64-bit, Xubuntu 14.04 64-bit, Antergos Xfce 64-bit, PCLinuxOS LXDE 64-bit
cwsnyder
Level 6
Level 6

Re: 2 Displays problem

Postby Aleksiv on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:33 pm

I dont know did i understand right, but i have 2 Screen connected to gpu both with dvi antoher with vga --> dvi adapter and other just dvi cable.
And if you could link displaypor adapter that i need (im not sure what it is) that would be nice
Aleksiv
Level 1
Level 1

Re: 2 DIsplays problem

Postby Orbmiser on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:46 pm

Sounds like mirror mode? Just guessing here but what is your Xinerama & Display options set to.
Have Ati 4350 and open default drivers worked fine and didn't need to install the Ati ones.
Tho for my dual monitors had to turn off mirror display to get both set right.

No expert here and just throwing some thought out there to check on.
Orbmiser
Level 7
Level 7

Return to XFCE