Desktop integration

Desktop integration

Postby jsmaster on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:19 pm

Good day everyone

I am proud to be a new member of your community. I was a True Debian user until I tried the Mint LMDE, wich is a nice and fresh flavor to Debian.

I need to say that the devs put a lot of effort on this distro and I like it very much.

That's being said I run to a small issue. Not fatal but quite anoying : The desktop integration within Cinnamon. Windows are ugly and are not integrated to the desktop environement. Firefox, Google Chrome .. everything. There is also issue with the terminal not being able to display characters.

Is there a way to fully integrate the desktop like Mint13/14 ?

Thanks in advance for the replys

Jean-Simon
jsmaster
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Desktop integration

Postby zerozero on Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:35 am

Jean-Simon,
i removed the other topic because was a duplicate of this one, see the forum rules viewtopic.php?f=17&t=83444

do you have mint-themes installed?
regarding the terminal you can try this viewtopic.php?f=198&t=113073#p631249
zerozero
Level 16
Level 16

Postby Taran'li Maren on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:15 am

I know this thread is old, but it might help someone else who finds it from a search. Regarding the problems displaying characters in the terminal, you should check to see what your system default shell is. For me, /bin/sh was pointing to /bin/dash. I was used to bash so changing my user shell to /bin/bash gave me a normal terminal.
Taran'li Maren
Level 1
Level 1

Postby ddurdle on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:06 am

The OP should post a screenshot because for problems like this, a picture does say a thousand words.
ddurdle
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Cinnamon