Building Advise

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
CurtisCoburn

Building Advise

Post by CurtisCoburn »

I'm am building a new computer, and I am writing lots of things down in a document, with suggested computer parts. I'm putting together 2 different computers, and want to see what will fit better in my budget. An Intel build and a AMD build. As of now, I'm not finished; but I do want some suggestions or recommendations from you guys to let me know if I'm going overboard for my use, or if I need more power.
This is my first build. My budget is $750-800.

This computer will be used for gaming, video editing, programming, web browsing, commentating. I will want to be making Lets play gaming commentaries, playing most of the most recent games on the market. Be doing lots of things at once. Let me know what you think, let me know what I can change.

Here is the document. I have this online in Google Docs instead of the form because I am not yet finished with it, and I don't wanna be updating this form for every change.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1APK ... QCKIY/edit
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Building Advise

Post by xenopeek »

Hi, would those be Linux games (Steam being on Linux now and all) or running those on Windows? Regardless, you may get more feedback on forums dedicated to hardware, like AnandTech or Tom's Hardware.
CurtisCoburn

Post by CurtisCoburn »

xenopeek wrote:Hi, would those be Linux games (Steam being on Linux now and all) or running those on Windows? Regardless, you may get more feedback on forums dedicated to hardware, like AnandTech or Tom's Hardware.
Yes Steam games.
homerscousin

Post by homerscousin »

You know something, I saw this thread a while ago, but said nothing. Ok , here I go. Hey, Intel cpu's are just plain more efficient at power use than AMD. Check all the benchmarks. Intel onchip graphics, HD 4000 ,is pretty darn reasonable for everyday gaming. I ran a Phoronix test, Xonotix, I think. I had to download a 960 MB file for the test to run, yeah, annoying. I watched this game play for about 30 minutes, but my point is it ran perfectly, no hesitation, no blurry areas, settings set to ultimate. I was impressed with the graphics level compared to my old and retired Pentium D computer with an Nvidia card. Bottom line, Intel cpu's are way more efficient than those offered from AMD. They may elliminate the need for a graphics card. Think about the total cost concerns.

Return to “Open Chat”