Password after suspend

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Will2Kill

Password after suspend

Post by Will2Kill »

When my netbook gets out of the suspended mode it doesn't prompt for a password.
My reasoning is that the whole reason I have a password, besides security from software related attacks, is in case the laptop is stolen and if it's stolen It's gonna be in suspend mode in my backpack.

How can I make it request a password after suspend mode?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Password after suspend

Post by viking777 »

The best solution is to switch the thing off when it is not in use and stop wasting your battery.
The next best solution is 'Brightness and Lock' >Require my password when waking from suspend.
Will2Kill

Post by Will2Kill »

How do I enter these settings?

There is no "Brightness and Lock" program in my menu.
viking777

Post by viking777 »

Ah well you don't tell us what version of Mint you are using, nor which desktop, so maybe in your combination of these two 'Brightness and Lock' doesn't exist, I wouldn't know.
Will2Kill

Post by Will2Kill »

Sorry I should have mentioned
Linux Mint 14 Nadia Mate 64

-Edit-
I found it in the configuration editor in
/apps/mate-power-manager/lock
where I had to disable the use-screensave-settings and enable for suspend or anything else I wanted.

Return to “Beginner Questions”