Thank you!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MADDSNIPER

Thank you!

Post by MADDSNIPER »

I installed Linux Mint 14.10 64bit MATE yesterday to completely replace windows 7 on my new laptop and i couldn't be happier at how good it is! thank you to everyone involved in making Linux Mint, you have made me very happy.

Im very new to linux, tried a few distros quickly on my desktop, some i couldnt get installed due to crashing, ubuntu i thought was sluggish and horrible (unity) with 12.04 and now i hear they are selling out all their users privacy to make a few $$$. lubuntu 12.04 i finally got installed but it looked very bland and things crashed alot.. so far only one minor crash on Linux Mint 14 (i must report that actually if i can reproduce it as i think you guys would patch it very easily) so as i said loving Linux Mint.

What is the best way to show my support? im very willing to give some money towards the project.

Thanks again.

- MADDSNIPER.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Orbmiser

Re: Thank you!

Post by Orbmiser »

Welcome and glad it is working so well for you.
Donations can be made at main site.
http://www.linuxmint.com/

As well I try to keep learning more about linux and then share and help new to linux when I can.
As is about sharing & cooperation that makes Linux work as well as it does.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

MADDSNIPER, your enthusiasm reminds me of how I felt back when I got Linux up and running for the first time. I love reading these kinds of posts! :D There is a learning curve of course but most of the time it is more fun than anything else. There is a certain sense of accomplishment when you get things all set up to your liking. There are some terrific people in the community that will jump in and give you a hand when you need it. Glad you are enjoying Linux Mint! :D

Edit: Check out Orbmiser's flicker account. This guy is a brilliant photographer and you will surely find some great desktop backgrounds!
MADDSNIPER

Post by MADDSNIPER »

thanks guys.

those are amazing photos indeed, Orbmiser would you mind if i pmed you and asked you a couple of questions regarding photogaphy?
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

No problem ahhh see I have a message.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”