CD/DVD drive and external NTFS disks Bugs?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
billmc

Re: CD/DVD drive and external NTFS disks Bugs?

Post by billmc »

Is this a dual boot machine? Both windows and linux on the same box? If so, do you ever notice any problems with the external drives when windows is running? I'm asking, because I'd like to eliminate a hardware issue.

You showed me that these are 2 physically seperate external drives, /dev/sdg and /dev/sdh, correct? I was thinking that it might be a dbus issue. I do not know what system Windows 7 uses to handle usb connections/disconnections. I think Linux is using dbus, but I don't know much about how dbus works. If in fact it is an issue with dbus; I'm afraid I won't be of much help.
Orbmiser

Re: CD/DVD drive and external NTFS disks Bugs?

Post by Orbmiser »

Thanks for all the help tho and will chalk it up to a bug at present time.
And hope it disappears in 1.8 or next version Nemo.

And nope no issues on windows7,Winxp sides as have a triple boot system.
And being a constant repeatable,equal and constant 50/50 affair rules out the external drives themselves.
And sounds more like a software state on boot being switched back and forth on some lower level daemon? or system process?

Thanks again for taking the time to help trouble-shoot as still a lot I don't know how everything works under the hood.

Return to “Storage”