I need some help with broadcom 4321 not loading

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
patrao_n

I need some help with broadcom 4321 not loading

Post by patrao_n »

My first post. And my first linux experience. I have downloaded and installed nadia. I have the cinnamon desktop version. Everything set up fine on my old dell inspiron 1525 laptop. It has a broadcomm 4321 hip for my wifi. My problem is even though I have enabled the driver for it, it will not show as even in an off state. From the days of searching and troubleshooting this I am sure its a driver conflict. I will be using wireless exclusively. I do have it on ethernet right now as I needed it to download the driver. But I am at a loss of what to do next. Thank you to everyone at linux mint forum. And of course the linux mint developers. Its an awesome step away from M$

sent from MY BAD A$$ ET4G
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
patrao_n

Re: I need some help with broadcom 4321 not loading

Post by patrao_n »

Did it. For anyone having the problem. First I enabled the restricted driver in software manager. Then in synaptic I searched broadcom. Installed these packages. B43-fwcutter, bcmwl-kernel-source, broadcom-sta-common, broadcom-sta-source. After that I was able to see and connect my computer to wifi. While still maintaining the ability for ethernet.

sent from MY BAD A$$ ET4G

Return to “Hardware Support”