Amazon MP3 Downloader shuts down after a couple downloads

Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Amazon MP3 Downloader shuts down after a couple downloads

Postby dimbulb1024 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:24 pm

Greetings one and all and I hope your holidays are/where joyous.

Wanted to share this strange behaviour to see if anyone else is experiencing it. (Searched the board but didn't see anything quite the same.)

With Linux Mint 13 XFCE, when downloading music with the Amazon MP3 Downloader, it will download 2 or 3 songs and then shut down. I start the program back up, it downloads 2 or 3 songs and shuts down again. And again and again and again.

If, at the end, there is only one or two songs left to download, it will download them and stay running.

A few 'It could be' thoughts:
1 - Since the downloader hasn't been updated in who knows how long (and requires the old Boost files) it just doesn't run well with the current kernel -- 3.2.0-35-generic.
2 - It doesn't play well with XFCE 4.10. (See first part of point 1.)
3 - It doesn't play well with the way Clem and his team have put together the LM13 version of XFCE. (Once again, see the first part of point 1.)

Not really worried about it, it's that if I have an album to download, it is kind of a pain in the ass.

Just to be clear, it does download all the songs I purchase without error. Once restarted, it remembers where it was in the downloads and continues on.

Happy New Year!
Human beings,
who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others,
are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
Douglas Adams
dimbulb1024
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to XFCE