Debian KDe edition an ufi boot

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Debian KDe edition an ufi boot

Postby cudayne on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:06 am

I got a couple questions. This was the year I bought a new computer an its great. I want too try Lmde the unofficial kde version but I got a few questions.

I build/rebuild restore an sell used computers so this is the first time I have ran into the ufi thing on this new laptop.

now My second oldest son uses this computer for his homeschool an Linux wont work for his online classes.

I need too keep the windows 8 pro partition. The sticky thing is if you disable the ufi in the bios windows 8 will not boot.

My first question is when I setup the boot loader after installing Linux mind debian edition will the boot loader it comes with correct this?

Second is an easy answer but for some reason I cant find the download link too the debian kde iso so I can download an burn it.
cudayne
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions