Hi from Sydney Aust

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
anrocrle

Hi from Sydney Aust

Post by anrocrle »

Hi all,

I've been a Linux user since 2001 with Corel and then found SuSE, wow... Been a consistent openSUSE user ever since, I found it the best KDE distro out there, not overly technical but I can manage my way around the WM's fine. I loved Gnome until 3, love the interface just my PC doesn't, and I'm not overly keen on all the variants so back to KDE. I'm really impressed with they way KDE has come of late, was running openSUSE 12.2 until a few days ago and it's great and I'm looking forward to the next release...

I've gone back and forth to the Buntu distro's but have always found them lacking and getting more unreliable, and lack of configuration ease like YaST which in my opinion is the be all and end all of config tools, guess I should really learn some more about the guts in the console?? openSUSE has never let me down whereas the latest Ubuntu's have been disasterous for my PC. And then there was Mint 14 KDE... A few days and still going strong, fast, reliable. I may be a total convert yet hehe.

Anyway, doesn't matter which distro, I'm aware of the free v's nonfree arguments, I've used Linux for over five years exclusively (except some minor windows useage due to uncooperative mobile phones etc) and love it.

Thanks to all the Mint developers and testers and happy new year.

Cheers,
Andrew.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: Hi from Sydney Aust

Post by The-Wizard »

G'Day Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
Catbuntu

Post by Catbuntu »

Welcome to the Mint community, and to Mint itself!
Indeed, Mint KDE is one (or the) best KDE distros, IMO.
jesica

Post by jesica »

:mrgreen:

Good day and welcome to Linux Mint,

Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”