[Solved] How to Deactivate Touch pad click?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Rubisco

[Solved] How to Deactivate Touch pad click?

Post by Rubisco »

I have LM14.1 on my Inspiron 1420 laptop, installed MATE first then KDE. How do I deactivate the touchpad feature in which I can click on things by just pressing the touch pad? I can deactivate it in MATE, but I can't find the option in KDE.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cavedweller

Re: How to Deactivate Touch pad click?

Post by cavedweller »

Try System Settings - Input Devices - Touchpad. Click on the tab that says Tapping and disable all tapping. You may also be able to go Menu - Applications - Utilities and see a touch pad setting icon in there. Put ticks in the appropriate boxes and set it to load on start up. Set the delay on it for about 1.5 seconds.

There's a couple of places to begin.
Rubisco

Post by Rubisco »

Yeah I tried that already, thing is there is no touchpad menu, only "keyboard", "mouse" and "joystick", nothing in utilities either. Is there config script I could get at?
abnvolk

Post by abnvolk »

Hmm... I think you need to install 'synaptiks' to manage your touchpad.
Rubisco

Post by Rubisco »

Ok so I did that and then my computer burst into flames and exploded!

no not really, it downloaded and I opened it in the menu, disabled all tapping, worked prefectly, boring, Thanks :)

Return to “Software & Applications”