Cleaning up temporary files .../tmp /lib/init/rw.

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
goretis

Post by goretis »

`Hello,

I am getting this error when I try to boot and than it hangs does anyone have a idea how to fix it?

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Creamer

Re: Cleaning up temporary files .../tmp /lib/init/rw.

Post by Creamer »

Hello,

I got the same problem after a update I made yesterday (648 mb). I tried playing with these files, but had no succes: /etc/init.d/checkroot-bootclean.sh and /lib/var/bootclean.sh

When i altered them a bit, the boot progress didn't stop at the way Goretis discribed, but one line later. To be honest, I wasn't really having a clue what I did.

I figure the problem must be somewhere in those scripts, but i can't fix it...
goretis

Post by goretis »

So anyone have a solution already?
nomko

Post by nomko »

Install Bleachbit and let that program clean up your system. It's a very usefull and good program. I use it myself and i'm very happy with it!
vaLar

Post by vaLar »

nomko wrote:Install Bleachbit and let that program clean up your system. It's a very usefull and good program. I use it myself and i'm very happy with it!
How you think we can install bleachbit if the system does not boot. It hangs up on "Cleaning up temporary files"
vaLar

Post by vaLar »

Creamer wrote:Hello,

I got the same problem after a update I made yesterday (648 mb). I tried playing with these files, but had no succes: /etc/init.d/checkroot-bootclean.sh and /lib/var/bootclean.sh

When i altered them a bit, the boot progress didn't stop at the way Goretis discribed, but one line later. To be honest, I wasn't really having a clue what I did.

I figure the problem must be somewhere in those scripts, but i can't fix it...
You solved the problem?
I tried almost the same as you, but I have not been successful and I do not want to re-install the entire operating system and applications.

Some clue?

Return to “LMDE Archive”