Mint 13 Mate

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
johnno56

Mint 13 Mate

Post by johnno56 »

I have been using Mint since the introduction of version 13. I switched from Ubuntu because of "Unity" (a story for another day...).

I just want to say a big THANK YOU to whoever is responsible for the creation of Mint. You guys have done a great job so far and I just want to encourage you to continue. Well done!!

Regards

J
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lexon

Re: Mint 13 Mate

Post by lexon »

Yeah, Mint is quite nice. I have been using it since shortly after Mint 6 was released. I came over from Ubuntu as it lacked some stuff and at the time, the Ubuntu forums where brutal.
I now run Mint 13 and 14, Mate. They are a little slower than Mint 6 was but I guess more code, somethings have to run a little slower as time goes on.
Finally convinced my girlfriend to let me dual boot her XP PC and she is so happy. Linux is invisible to her. She knows what Icons to click on is all she cares about. When she boots the PC, Mint comes up first and she is happy. I left XP in the PC. I fixed her desktop to look pretty much like XP was minus a few Icons and carried over all the IE Favorites into Firefox.
She knows to never try to download anything but the photos her grandchildren send her. Her email has very good Spam control.
We have no interest in command line or breaking and fixing the distro. We just want a system that works.
Both of us are over 70.

L
Catbuntu

Post by Catbuntu »

I also switched to Mint from Ubuntu's hell, and I find it much more polished (e.g., Mint XFCE is much better than Xubuntu). I have the Nadia Cinnamon edition, although I installed MATE too, and I mainly use it. MATE is really GNOME 2, I love Linux again thanks to it plus the Ubutu Human theme. You can see a screenshot here.
I hope they never drop MATE, but if they do, there's Cinnamon which is mostly the same but with decent GTK3 support :)
nomko

Post by nomko »

After Ubuntu 10.04 i was using Mint 13 + MATE. I rather find MATE a bit odd but for some users it really works. So i start distro hopping trying out other distros.Eventually i ended up with Mint 14 + Cinnamon and this really suits my needs the best!

I hope you enjoy using Mint and if you have any questions, please feel free to post them here!
And keep in mind:
The most stupid question which there is, is the question which has never been asked!

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”