Ubuntu Tweak/Ubuntu Software Centre

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Raza-J

Ubuntu Tweak/Ubuntu Software Centre

Post by Raza-J »

Hey,

I am shifted to linux mint 14 from Ubuntu 12.10 and finding difficult to install softwares. I had Ubuntu software center and ubuntu tweak in Ubuntu 12.10 and I would like to install them in Linux mint as well. Is it possible? Let me know how can I do that and if there are better softwares for linux mint please let me know about them too.

P.S: I have checked Software Manager in linux mint and it sucks not even 20% of what Ubuntu Software Centre Has.

Thanks in Advance!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
abnvolk

Re: Ubuntu Tweak/Ubuntu Software Centre

Post by abnvolk »

You can install Ubuntu Software Center using Synaptic Package Manager. Its package name is "software-center". Then you can use it to install Ubuntu Tweak.
Raza-J

Post by Raza-J »

Thank you so much! It worked...
jmdeking

Post by jmdeking »

abnvolk wrote:You can install Ubuntu Software Center using Synaptic Package Manager. Its package name is "software-center". Then you can use it to install Ubuntu Tweak.
I didnt knew this, thanks a lot.
nomko

Post by nomko »

That's basically meant for Mint 12... Although some info is still applicable, don't provide information for a new Mint version which was meant for an older Mint version.

@ Raza-j:
You can also use synaptic to install programs. As long as you know the name of the program you want to install or what kind of application it is you can search for it in Synaptic. Basically, the Software manager is an easy-to-use and user-friendly GUI for synaptic.
SurfaceUnits

Post by SurfaceUnits »

the part relevant to the topic is relevant
sg1efc
Level 1
Level 1

Post by sg1efc »

abnvolk wrote:You can install Ubuntu Software Center using Synaptic Package Manager. Its package name is "software-center". Then you can use it to install Ubuntu Tweak.
:shock: Awesome tip, Thank You! :D

Oops, except when I try to start Ubuntu Software Center in Linux Mint Cinnamon, it is not starting. :oops: :?:
raymerjacque
Level 4
Level 4

Post by raymerjacque »

sg1efc wrote:
:shock: Awesome tip, Thank You! :D

Oops, except when I try to start Ubuntu Software Center in Linux Mint Cinnamon, it is not starting. :oops: :?:
You are right it doesnt start, wonder why not ?

Return to “Software & Applications”