ALT-Click

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

ALT-Click

Postby Earthenware on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:17 pm

I noticed that ALT-Click has a reserved function in Mint. It seems to interact with the active window. I looked this up and it seems that it can't be disabled.

The next best thing for me would be to disable the ALT key altogether. The problem is that once the ALT-Click combination is pressed, the reserved function remains active until the ALT key is pressed again (or presumably until the reserved function is fulfilled – whatever that is).

This is causing me problems. Am I correct that ALT-Click cannot be disabled and, if so, can the ALT key itself be disabled – ie leaving the mouse unaffected by whether ALT is pressed or not?
Earthenware
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: ALT-Click

Postby Mechrawr on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:19 pm

By defult, ALT+Click grabs the window from any spot of the window to easily move it around without having precisely aim for the titlebar like one would usually.

To change or edit this, go to Menu >> Settings >> Settings Manager >> Window Manager Tweaks.
Go to the Accessibility tab. The first line edits this option to be one of a few standards, or just "None".
Never accept the simple answers; the journey through complexity is where learning takes place.
Mechrawr
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions