Keyboard Selection

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nomko

Keyboard Selection

Post by nomko »

How can i select my brand/model/type keyboard in Mint 14?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SilverNexus

Re: Keyboard Selection

Post by SilverNexus »

Use Menu->Preferences->Keyboard. Select the Layout Tab, and click on the button listing the model. (This is via the MATE desktop, by the way. It shouldn't be too different on the others.)
If your keyboard is not listed, you will probably have to use the Generic ketboard layout. (For example, the Magitronic FK-5001 I am using does not have a listing, so I have to use the generic 105-key layout).
nomko

Post by nomko »

SilverNexus wrote:Use Menu->Preferences->Keyboard. Select the Layout Tab, and click on the button listing the model. (This is via the MATE desktop, by the way. It shouldn't be too different on the others.)
If your keyboard is not listed, you will probably have to use the Generic ketboard layout. (For example, the Magitronic FK-5001 I am using does not have a listing, so I have to use the generic 105-key layout).
Thanks for your reply but i'm using Cinnamon. Apologies for the confusion!
SilverNexus

Post by SilverNexus »

By the looks of it, the Cinnamon desktop is quite similar to the MATE desktop in layout. As long as the right half of the Menu is showing All Applications, you should be able to find the keyboard preferences in the Preferences submenu.
SilverNexus

Post by SilverNexus »

As someone tried to help one of my questions on visual effects with a description for Cinnamon, I learned where keyboard preferences would be.
Keyboard preferences would be under Cinnamon Settings.

Return to “Hardware Support”