An almost 20 years Windows user here

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mr. Boat

An almost 20 years Windows user here

Post by Mr. Boat »

Hey everybody!

For long time ago I've been wondering about switching from Windows to Linux. But I found some problems, like playing videogames (wich, as I can read, with the arrival of Steam, the gaming on Linux is starting his best moment ever) or running some aplications I work in Windows with (applications I supose I can't emulate here on LInux, like Softimage, because they already fail on Windows a lot, I don't want to know how they will fail in an emulator).

Anyway, after watching with my own eyes what is the path Microsoft is going to take on his OS, new versions each year, Apple or mobile phone like interfaces... I picked up one of my HDD and installed Linux Mint (well, this is not entirely true, actually I installed first Fedora, Fedora KDE, Ubuntu, and finally Linux Mint, which I think it is my final change, because I love it, as a noob/begginer).

So, here I am people, sorry for my future nosense questions! :mrgreen:

PS: As you can see, I'm not an English native speaker, so I'm terribly sorry if I did any mistake on my writing.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nomko

Re: An almost 20 years Windows user here

Post by nomko »

Mr. Boat, you are more than welcome here! Hope you enjoy this forum and Mint!

sorry for my future nosense questions
Which future nonsense questions??? Not a single questions asked on this forum either is stupid or weird or loaded with crap!! Feel free to ask anything you want. Linux has some learning curve, i know it myself and still i'm learning Linux even after 6 years of usage! And the first thing i learned was: ask anything you want!
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Your English is fine..

Welcome to the mint family forums

wizard
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Welcome aboard :D Steam on Linux is indeed a big step, but let's not forget about Desura (Steam like client for indie games, many for Linux) and Humble Indie Bundle (pay-what-you-want for a bundle of indie games). Much fun to be had already :wink:
sammiev

Post by sammiev »

Welcome to the Mint Forums. Glad you found what you were looking for. :D
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Welcome to the forums Mr. Boat! Your English is just fine by the way. Glad you are enjoying Linux Mint. :D After looking at Windows 8 myself I can understand your interest in Linux. We will do our best to answer any questions you have and we are glad to have you here. :D
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Post by caf4926 »

Welcome to the road of enlightenment
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
jesica

Post by jesica »

:mrgreen:

Good day and welcome to Linux Mint,

Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”