Linux Mint & Commoodre OSV Challenge ;)

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Linux Mint & Commoodre OSV Challenge ;)

Postby elchucko on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:26 pm

I've booted Ubuntu, Mint 12 & 14 on my PC in a dual boot environment with W7. Commodore OSV which is a shell over Mint 10 does not boot for me (and others). It appears to load OK up to the point where the boot process asks for the "Enter" key to complete the boot. It hangs there. At times I can get it to a terminal screen with a ready prompt. It was suggested to enter " sudo rm -rf /tmp /.x11-unix" which I did and it booted! THEN some days after, I had to do a complete reinstall of COSV (for other reasons) and it didn't complete the boot as before. I entered to sudo as before...I didn't boot nor has it done so since the first time the sudo was entered.

Here's my selfish challenge: Download COSV from CommodoreUSA (the download is free) and boot it. First of all (my opinion) it's excellent for those audio and video junkies. It uses many Amiga and Commodore type graphics, audio and gaming apps. I you can't get it to boot try and find out what the "hangup" is. COSV, while it was running on my PC was great! ;)
elchucko
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Other topics