autostart on specified desktop & widgets not found after dL

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lamedevelop19

autostart on specified desktop & widgets not found after dL

Post by lamedevelop19 »

I'm trying to get my web browser to autostart on the 2nd desktop. So that it dosen't appear on start but is ready and waiting in the next desktop. I've tried inserting "--desktop 2" into the command and some other novice things that haven't worked. If anyone knows a sure way to do this I'd appreciate the help.

Also widgets have a bad habit of not appearing after I download them. They also move from there set place after restarting which ticks me off. Has anyone had these issues before? Again any help would be appreciated.

Erik
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
LindseyD.
Level 4
Level 4

Re: autostart on specified desktop & widgets not found after

Post by LindseyD. »

To get any application to open on a specific desktop, just click the icon on the extreme top left, then Advanced->Special Application Settings.

Then in the Special Application Settings window, on the Size & Position tab, click Desktop Force and whatever desktop you want it on.

Can't help with the widgets, sorry.
Mint17 KDE

Return to “Software & Applications”