Color Label Folder or Document Icons

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mr.peeters

Color Label Folder or Document Icons

Post by mr.peeters »

hi,

I recently installed mint nadia cinnamon and my life would be a little bit easier if i found a way to color label my folders: being able to choose whether you want to label a folder or a document red or blue or green (via right-mouse click for example) - much the same as what you can do with mails in Evolution for example... mac has this for a long time, don't know about windows - but does anyone know of an app or a way to do this to mint. Would be a fairly simple but great addition to mint!

thanks for any replies!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mr.peeters

Re: Color Label Folder or Document Icons

Post by mr.peeters »

Ha found an option that (on first sight) seems to wrok quite well: Marlin File Browser.
Found an old tutorial to install here: http://www.unixmen.com/how-to-install-m ... ternative/
Thanks anyways!
nomko

Post by nomko »

That's really handy!
Thanks for searching for it and posting the link!

mr.peeters

Post by mr.peeters »

Yups it's not bad - still I'd prefer to be able to colour label with nautilus nemo - cinnamon's default file manager or file browser, from what I gather.
However I can't find anything on the net about this option. Can't imagine though, that I'm the only cinnamon user that would like to colour label files and folders...
Any help still welcome!
Thx.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”