<solved >Help

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Sorceress

<solved >Help

Post by Sorceress »

Cannot install Mint 14 from live usb stick

used to use ubuntu then minor flood happened which toasted the desktop bought a laptop so i could get back online had a major heating problem with laptop using ubuntu 12.04 someone recomended mint love mint it just like ubuntu but without unity

now all i would like do do is get mint on the hard drive

ThinkPad T-61
Intel Duo Core 2

error msg when i try installing ubi-partman failed with exit code 10
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Help

Post by caf4926 »

Does it boot to a live desktop?
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
Sorceress

Post by Sorceress »

running it off the live usb now

usb was created with 10.10 ubuntu

waiting on getting mint installed before dealing with the laptop getting hot first so i can find which settings to use once Mint is installed
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Post by caf4926 »

If you reboot
At the 10 second countdown, press a key and from the menu can you choose the option to check the media integrity?
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
Sorceress

Post by Sorceress »

well now the graphic screen will not come up after i turned it off to let it cool for ten min when i was trying to diminish the pile of laundry from the minor flooding

said the mdn could not write to the disk that is was full after reinstalling ubuntu 10.10 and checking properties of the usb stick it said i had 2.4 left or a 4 GB stick

so i am re downloading the iso but will check the media integrity but the usb is the same one i used for 12.04 as 10.10 is to old to update thru the repository to 11.04 and had no problems with it

once the download is finished will check the usb again got 24 min left on the download
Sorceress

Post by Sorceress »

after running integrity here is what comes up

./isolinux/splash.jpg
./isolinux/isolinux.cfg
./isolinux/memtest
./isolinux/vesamenu.c32

couldn't find those
4 file errors is the result

i do now have a fresh download of the linux mint 14 iso
should i create a new live usb or ??

when i try and use the usb as it is i get this

MDM could not write new authorisation entry to disk possibly out of disk space Error: no space left on device then it pops up another message saying could not start x server due to some internal error contact sys admin for help
Sorceress

Re: <solved >Help

Post by Sorceress »

solution

used diffrent download link for iso
re did start up usb with the fresh download from today
still got the 4 isolinux errors but install is going smoothly so far will know on reboot

Edit reboot sucessful now for 2nd problem

Return to “Installation & Boot”